Do any of you have any favorite Halloween movies that help you get in that spooky mindset for the holiday? I’m not one (like at all) for scary movies-although 2 years ago Joey made us have a SAW marathon where we watched a SAW movie (in order) every night and then went out to see the new one that year, in theaters. That was my personal hell, if you know what I mean. My usual favorites are all the Disney classics, they’re so cute and really bring me back to my childhood. Below are my Top 10 favorite Halloween movies, do we have any in common?
1. Hocus Pocus: Isn’ this everyone’s favorite? Watching this as an adult really makes me wonder how I wasnt afraid of it as a child, I will admit that. That opening scene where all the kids are just mindlessly walking to their doom? Ewk, gives me chills, even now! My sister and I used to watch this like nonstop over the Halloween season as kids. It’ll for sure always be my favorite and a classic Halloween staple.
2. Nightmare Before Christmas: I literally cannot help but sing along while I’m watching. It’s truly a Disney masterpiece. I can’t ever seem to get Joey to sit and watch it with me though, but I hope one day we’ll watch it together! Maybe even with kiddos by our sides!
3. Edward Scissorhands: Johnny Depp pre- complete Hollywood movie star!
4. The Addams Family: The theme song always makes me want to snap my fingers and I can’t even really “snap”. There’s a new one out in theaters this year but I don’t think I’ll actually see it till its out on Amazon or Redbox.
5. Corpse Bride: Another Tim Burton/Johnny Depp masterpiece! I highly suggest watching it if you haven’t seen it!
6. Halloween Town: As a kid I was convinced I was a witch after watching this movie. Fun fact: I saw the actress who played Marnie at a Halloween party a few years ago and was completely star struck (and I little bummed she wasn’t in fact dressed up like her famed witch character).
7. Dark Shadows: Another vampire movie, except better because it has good ol’ Johnny Depp! It perfectly fits the Halloween time vibes.
8. Scooby-Doo: I would watch the Scooby-Doo cartoons non-stop as a kid. And then when they came out with the live action movie, I was over the moon. Watching it really does make me feel like a kid again.
9. Double, Double, Toil and Trouble: A Mary-Kate and Ashley movie for the ages. My sister just recently brought this movie up to me, and before that, I completely forgot all about it. We’re going to have a sister sleepover and watch it together this weekend!
10. Haunted Mansion: Being a Disney fanatic, I can’t not add this one to the list. I love the ride and the movie is pretty funny while also having that “creepy” factor.
Well, is there anything else I should add to my list? What are your favorite Halloween time movies?