With our wedding happening, this past year I really watched what I put into my body and how it made me feel. I watched sugar and salt intake and was doing everything I could to make sure my skin was picture perfect on our big day. In lieu of that, I also created a little supplement and vitamin regime that I’m still currently using and don’t plan on stopping anytime soon. I should also note that it takes me about 10 minutes to swallow all the vitamins because I SUCK at swallowing pills and have to do them one by one.
- Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides: Supports healthy hair, skin, nails, bone, and joint health. It also helps with muscle recovery (which is why I also add it to my protein shakes post workouts). This one is amazing because it can easily mix into water, coffee, or smoothies.
- Lysine: Helps prevent cold sores from starting, blocks stress response receptors which helps decrease anxiety, supports the immune system, and it’s been said to help wound healing by helping the body create collagen.
- Iron: I’m anemic and have been told by my doctors to take iron supplements basically my entire life. I haven’t always taken them, but with the wedding, I started taking them consistently to make sure my body was as healthy as possible. Iron helps your red blood cells transport oxygen throughout the body, which helps increase your energy levels. It also supports immune function and maintains muscle function.
- CoQ10: Unfortunately, heart disease runs in my family. Because of this, I’ve been taking a CoQ10 supplement which has been shown to improve heart health.
- Vitamin E Oil: I started using a Vitamin E oil after getting out of the shower to make sure my skin stayed hydrated and moisturized. Vitamin E also helps prevent/minimize the appearance of scars, fine lines, and wrinkles. I love lathering the oils on my arms and legs, especially on my knees and elbows (where my skin tends to be a little more dry).
- Vitamin C- Boosts the immune system and reduces the risk of diseases. Obviously I was doing everything I could do to stay healthy and avoid getting sick leading up to our wedding. Vitamin C played a big roll in that!
Are you taking any supplements I should mix in? Let me know in the comments!