Happy Monday friends!
I’m coming off a pretty fun birthday weekend and am feeling very blessed & thankful for all the amazing people in my life!
I’ve always wanted to do a color run and when this year’s was happening in Los Angeles on my actual birthday, I knew I had to attend! Joey had the cutest idea and surprised me with the most amazing tee’s that he had made for my friends and family to wear throughout the run. If you don’t already know this about me, The Office happens to be one of my favorite TV shows, and there’s an episode where they do a “Fun Run” to raise money for a cure for rabies (a condition that very much already has a cure) anyways, it’s a hilarious episode!
While I piece together a little video all about the Color Run, I thought I’d share some of my goals for this next year ahead.
- Finish planning my dream wedding! 4 months to go!!!!
- Drink more water. (I feel like this is on my list every year but it’s something I’m constantly reminding myself to do!)
- Keep up with my New Year’s Resolution of reading at least one book every 2 months. I put this on pause as I was taking my medical terminology course, but now that it’s over, I’m picking up my reading again!
- Incorporate more supplements & protein into my diet. (Post on this to come soon!)
- Spend more time OFF my phone. (This is an ever existing problem and something I’m getting better at! When I’m at dinner or at home watching a movie, I try to keep my phone in another room or in my purse so I’m not tempted to look at it and to instead spend more time being present with those I’m with.
- Cook more and try new recipes. I want to really try to cook from scratch and make meals that require following an actual recipe, you know, other than boil water for pasta and meatballs. Fingers crossed on this one!
- Save more $$$. Joey just started a job a little while ago with a financial planning firm. (He got his degree in finance). Because of this we’re learning SO much about saving money & how to do it smartly!
- Declutter & donate my clothes. I have so many clothes that I don’t wear anymore because I’ve outgrown the items, my style has changed, etc. I really want to spend a weekend going through all my clothes and putting together piles of things to donate. That’ll only give me more space for some newer items, right?
- Create and produce more videos on my Youtube channel. I record so much of what we do and then just lag on putting together a video, so long so that I’ve nearly forgotten all the details to document! I want to get better at making the videos right away and getting the content out.
This year has been a pretty amazing one! I’m getting closer and closer to marrying the man of my dreams everyday and am surrounded by the most amazing friends and family! I absolutely love my life and feel very lucky to be able to get to say that!
Thank you everyone for all the love and birthday wishes!
-the fun continues on IG: @amandac_smith // @onanothercoast