1. MY HUSBAND! I can honestly say that I don’t think saying that will ever get old. Married people, am I right? I love the way it sounds and I love saying it to people! It gives me literal butterflies! I’ll forever be thankful for my life with and because of this man. I don’t know how I got so lucky but I’m seriously blessed to have a husband who loves me, adores me, and just takes care of me the way Joey does. It’s not something I take for granted in the slightest. He’s my absolute best friend, confidant, better half, dream come true, biggest blessing, and favorite person in the whole world. He’s honestly everything to me and I cannot imagine life without him.
2. Family. Wow, with our wedding and everything, family became more important than ever before. It meant so much to Joey and I to have the support of our family during this year full of celebration and it was so nice to get to celebrate such a monumental step in our lives with our family there with us. I love our joint family so much and feel very lucky that we have a family that blends together so well. I love spending time with my family and with Joey’s family. It’s always a special time and I definitely don’t take time with family for granted.
3. Friends. Special shout-out to our wedding parties!! HOLY COW WE HAVE THE BEST FRIENDS IN THE WORLD! The groomsmen and bridesmaids did SO much that added to the success of our wedding. I was constantly complimented by friends and family during our wedding, that we had a great group of friends. And I know it. I know we’re very lucky to have the most supportful, down for anything group of people in our lives. The groomsmen, especially Joey’s Best Men, did so much to help with getting the venue ready pre-wedding; they dropped LOADS of decorations at the venue and were up before the sun to get our desserts and specialty cocktail from our vendors the morning of. And when I say LOADS of decorations, I mean LOADS! Joey and I packed a suburban full of things we’d bought over the year for the wedding, like signs, easels, photos, etc- not to mention the 120 white pumpkins we bought 🙂 My girls were influential throughout the process, starting with the bachelorette party- it was a total team effort. My MOH, did a great job getting everyone on the same page and she really had the support of a miniature army. There was not one ounce of drama between my girl squad. The day before the wedding, my girls helped tie 120 tea labels for my guest tables and then we organized their own bridesmaid bouquets- which could not have turned out any better. Everyone was so down to just help do whatever they could to make the day perfect. It was an amazing thing to see. And truly our greatest blessing as a couple is the close relationships we have with our best friends. AND the cherry on top, is between the groups (bridesmaids and groomsmen) everyone is already friends in their own right. It was literally like 20 people just having a party together since we were all friends anyways. There was no awkwardness between the groups. THAT WAS DEFINITELY SOMETHING SPECIAL.
4. Health. I feel very lucky and blessed to be healthy and to have healthy friends and family. After our Mammoth scare in August, I pay close attention to mine and to Joey’s health. I’m cautious when either of us has a headache and really do my best to listen to my body. It was a big wake up call going through what we did. I pray everynight for the health of our families and our friends. I think health is something we tend to take for granted, and you don’t realize how lucky you are till it’s almost taken from you.
5. Happiness. This might be a weird one, but I’m thankful to be happy. There’s a lot of negativity out in the world and sometimes it’s almost hard to see the good in anything. I’m thankful that happiness exists and that I’ve found it and intend to absolutely keep it. I also hope I can bring happiness to those around me, that way everyone can be thankful for their own happiness!
6. Baby Bentley.There’s not one day where I don’t absolutely obsess over my cat. I love coming home and watching her run around the house. She even plays hide and seek with us and it’s the cutest thing. I’m thankful to have such an adorable, playful, little baby kitten. For me- going to sleep without cuddling her would be impossible!
7. MY DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSPORT! For those of you who don’t know, I gave up my passport while we were saving $$$ for the wedding. That meant 6 months of NO DISNEYLAND! And when I say that was hard, I mean it. I know it may not seem like a big deal to alot of people, but that place is my sanctuary and I’d been conditioned to enjoy a Disney day at least once a week….so when that’s taken away- that’s a lifestyle adjusment to say the least. Especially when you follow a BUNCH of Disney blogs and see all the fun stuff happening at the parks and you can’t enjoy any of it! SO luckily, Joey got my pass back as a wedding gift and we celebrated our Minnie-Moon (see what I did there) at the parks the day after our wedding and even stayed at the Grand Californian hotel (which was awesome)! You can click here to read all about it! This year I’m thankful for my hubby who got my pass back and I’m thankful for all the fun I get to have throughout the parks all year round!
8. My job. I know this isn’t something I typically talk about on the blog, but I have a pretty badass day job that I thouroughly enjoy. I started a new job back in August working as an assistant to a plastic surgeon, and he’s the absolute best boss in the world. I was previously working for a surgeon who wasn’t the greatest person and going to work was a bit of a lull for me- but then when I decided to quit (the most freeing and uplifting decision I’ve ever made), I was second guessing and worrying about what my next position would be like. Would it be the same thing except now, I’ll be starting back at square one with a new jacka$$ of a boss? Was it smart to leave a place where yea, my boss is a jerk, but at least I’m surviving it and it’s predictable. Anything unknown is very scary for me but I decided to quit and it was the best decision I ever made. My new boss couldn’t be further from the old one and is geniuinely a good human being. I love working for him and going to work, so this year, I’m thankful for that!
9. This is funny, last year, I wrote that I was thankful to be planning a wedding. And I’ll forever be grateful for that. I loved the process and am quite honestly missing it (so friends and family- if you need any help, I’m here! lol). BUT THIS YEAR I AM THANKFUL THAT I GET TO PLAN A HONEYMOON! With the wedding officially over, we’ve started to plan and research where we’d like to go for our Honeymoon and I’m OVER THE MOON EXCITED TO PLAN IT!
10. Life. Just in general. What an amazing ride we all get to experience. Life is a pretty amazing thing and something that should absolutely be celebrated. I’m very thankful to live the life I do with all of those around me!
What are you thankful for this year?
Let me know in the comments!