I’m here celebrating my second & last Valentine’s Day as a fiancé! I know Valentine’s Day is on a weekday this year, which isn’t the most fun but there are still fun ways to celebrate and make the day a little extra special! Below are my suggestions for how to have a nice Valentine’s Day regardless of the fact that it’s a Thursday!
- Cook dinner together- Pick a new recipe and cook something different together. I love coming home & cooking dinner with Joey, but for Valentine’s Day, we’re planning on upping the recipe a bit and picking something we’ve never made to cook together!
- Turn your living room into a movie theatre- Grab your favorite cozy blankets, pop the popcorn, grab your go-to movie snack (Swedish Fish anyone?), and watch your favorite rom-com together!
- Reminisce on old memories together- Joey and I love watching old videos we’ve made over the years. It’s pretty cool to be able to take a walk down memory lane and relive old memories through videos or through photos of you and your partner! If you have a wedding video, make a date to watch it together and relive your special day! We’re definitely planning on re-watching our proposal video together!
- Go to a comedy club- We have one not too far and usually go with our neighbors during the week. They usually have cheaper tickets and it isn’t as packed. Going to a comedy club is always fun because you’re guaranteed a laugh and it’s a nice way to mix it up a bit!
- Host a game night for friends- Have the neighbors over for a friendly game night! You could pair up in couples and compete against one another!
- Go bowling- Go to the local bowling alley to play a couple games against your significant other! I don’t think Joey and I have ever played one on one against each other and I can imagine it being a good time! A slow weekday might be just the time to do it!
- Go out for dessert- We don’t typically get dessert very often unless it’s a special occasion, and this is in fact just that! We’ll more than likely stop by our favorite gelato shop for some sweet treats to end the day!
I hope you all have an amazing Valentine’s Day with friends, family, significant others- whoever you’re celebrating with this year! And if you’re riding it out solo- I hope you treat yourself!