So with my boyfriend traveling again this weekend, I had my girlfriend Marina come out to Laguna Hills to stay with me! And of course to catch up on our lives. The last time I saw here was when she flew out to Miami to visit me. So it’s been a while and too much texting and not enough face to face time. Needless to say; we had A LOT to discuss!
We spent Saturday morning sipping on cocktails, overlooking the beach at the cutest brunch spot called Driftwood Kitchen. I highly recommend this place if you’re looking for a great breakfast/lunch spot overlooking the water. The also have a bar/lounge called “The Deck” that is equally as good and fun! We had a quick appetizer there before our table was ready upstairs.
We caught up with all the madness happening in both our lives; jobs, moving, Marina recently tore her ACL playing soccer and is going through rehab (which is my least favorite thing to talk about since in the past both my boyfriend and little sister tore their ACLs). We also discussed what we wanted to do the rest of the day and our best ideas for a great girls weekend. Read below for our list!
Girls Weekend To Do
- BRUNCH: pick the cutest/trendiest spot you can! They make for great photos and typically have special cocktails that are always fun to try.
- SPA: go to the spa to get facials/massages/mani-pedis together.We bought our own masks to do at home while watching Joey’s game!
- MOVIE DAY/NIGHT: make a list of all your favorite movies/chick flicks that you can only watch with your girlfriend-aka things your man may not be so keen on watching (Mean Girls, Clueless, I mean come on, I don’t know why he won’t watch these with me?!)
- COOK: grab a cocktail/dinner recipe off pinterest and cook together over music and wine.
- PAINT: Do a paint night! Wine and Canvas is always a ton of fun but you can also totally DIY too! We actually ran to Michaels and bought some canvases to paint ourselves (so much fun).
- SHOP: I mean, duh! Who else, other than your girlfriends, can you just shop all day with (and get honest/reliable opinions on your outfit choices).
- GET OUTDOORS: Hiking with your girlfriends is always so much fun-unless of course you get lost and on a 4 hour detour like I did with my best friend Cynthia one timeeee -___- BUT even then, we had a blast.
If you have any other great ideas for a girl’s weekend, I’d love to hear your thoughts/ideas! Till then, happy Sunday!